The Tiger and the Traveller
Once
upon a time there was an old tiger in a forest who could not hunt animals. So,
he thought of a new way of killing animals.
One day he sat in a bush. He had a gold bangle on one of
his paws. He held out the bangle and said to the travelers, “Oh, traveler !
come here and take this gold bangle, I want to make a gift for you.” Many
travelers ran away as they were afraid of the tiger. But one greedy traveller
heard the offer and stopped to take it. He said to the tiger, “you are a wicked
beast, how can I believe you?”.
The tiger said,
“I am no longer wicked. I have grown old and wise. I came to understand that it
is sin to kill an animal and kindness is a virtue, so, I want to make a gift of
this gold bangle to you.”
Then the traveler believed the tiger and wanted to take
the bangle. He had to cross a marsh to reach the tiger. When he started to
cross the marsh, soon he found himself in a pool of mud.
‘I can not move’, said the traveller.
‘I’ll help you.’ Said the tiger. The tiger than fell upon
the traveler and killed him.
Moral: Never believe a wicked fellow.
Comments
Post a Comment